OUTNUMBERED AND LOVING IT

Welcome to the Sanchez Family. We are a God loving, church going, unconditional loving, Army family of three wild and crazy boys and one 100 pound english bulldog, taking it one day at a time. I'm the mom, the only girl in the house, and the Queen. Hang on tight, it's sure to be a wild ride!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!



Merry Christmas everyone! I love this time of the year. It became even more special to me when I had Zachary. Seeing Christmas through your child's eyes is amazing. Most of you know that I am a child at heart myself. I still love getting up early on Christmas morning, ask Kelly! I believe in Santa and his reindeer. I love Disney and all the magic. However this year, I have tried to focus less on the magic and more on the true meaning. I want my boys to really understand Christmas, and to enjoy the magic at the same time. I fell a little short of my Take Christmas Back expectations this year, but I am striving to do it better next year.

I have so much to be grateful for this Christmas. I have 2 healthy, if a little wild, boys and one on the way. I know there are parents who are grieving the loss of a child this Christmas and my heart goes out to them. I have a wonderful husband who I couldn't love anymore if I tired, even if I would like to choke him at times. I know there are those whose husbands are far away this Christmas protecting our freedom. I have a great home, that I hate to clean. I know there are those without homes. I have a wonderful family that I will get to spend this Christmas with. I know our thoughts will turn to Granddaddy at times and we will be a little sad that he is not with us in the flesh. I know he will be with us, smiling and laughing just like always. He is getting to spend this Christmas with Christ, what a great place to be!

I hope everyone takes the time these next two days to think about all the blessing the Lord has given us. Say an extra prayer at dinner for those oversees fighting for our freedom today.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Thank you for the Christmas card. You know we love getting pictures of the boys. Do you think you guys will be around for a visit during the holidays? We do not go back to work until the 5th for me and 7th for Steve.